Utah Business Advisement Attorneys
Whether you are starting a new business venture or operating an existing business, you can profit from sound legal advice. All too often, a business client comes to us with a serious problem that could have been avoided with just a few hours of a lawyer’s time.
If you are starting a new business, you need to carefully consider the type of entity you wish to form and the attendant management structure. This one decision can significantly affect the profits you make, the taxes you pay, and the liability to which you are exposed.
You should also have an attorney review any contracts or other agreements that you are considering so that you fully understand the terms and potential pitfalls. Sometimes, only a few poorly chosen words can make all the difference between a profitable relationship and disaster.
We can also assist you in acquiring or selling a business. The pitfalls encountered within such transactions can be numerous and we can help you protect your hard-earned assets. We can draft or review any type of business contract, giving you the confidence to move forward knowing exactly where you stand legally.
Qualities to Look for in Business Advisement Attorneys
No matter what kind of business you run, it is wise to have Utah business advisement attorneys on your side. They will make sure you are following all federal and local regulations and give you valuable advice. Here are some important qualities to look for in these attorneys.
- Specific industry experience. In addition to having multiple years of experience as a business attorney, the attorney you hire should specialize in your industry. For instance, if you own a clothing boutique, it is wise to work with an attorney who has experience in the retail industry. This way, he or she will know about the specific laws pertaining to the retail industry and will be more of a help to you.
- Communicative. It is also important to work with a business advisement attorney who possesses excellent communication skills. When you have a legal question, he or she should answer it thoroughly and in words that you can understand. You should not leave the meeting feeling confused. Also, your attorney should return your phone calls and emails in a short amount of time.
- Problem solving skills. When you run a business, legal problems can sometimes arise suddenly. As such, it is important to hire a business attorney who has great problem solving skills. Whether you are dealing with a contract dispute or possible lawsuit, your lawyer should be able to offer you prompt solutions.
- Detail oriented. A successful business attorney must pay careful attention to detail all the time. This is because there is no margin for error. If a lawyer makes even small errors, it could cost your business a lot of money.
- Honest. The business lawyer you hire should always be honest with you. He or she should not just tell you what you want to hear. That will not do your business any good. For example, if your lawyer believes a contract you want to enter into with another business does not reflect your best interest, he or she should speak up.
- Confidence. Confidence is another important quality to look for in a business attorney. Your lawyer should be confident in his or her abilities to review contracts, resolving contract disputes and even defending a lawsuit. If a lawyer ever seems unsure about what he or she is doing, you may want to go with someone else.